News & Notices
- Payment Plan: to assist delinquent customers in paying their past due balances, the Louisiana Public Service Commission has required all utilities to offer a payment plan of up to 12 months for any balances in arrears. For more details, please read here.
- The lobby is closed until further notice. The drive-thru is open 8:30a-4:30p. Our Drop Box is available front right of the building at our Goodwood location for check and money order payments - no cash please. Credit card payments can be made at 225-925-2011. The call center will remain open during regular business hours 8:30a-5:00p M-F. Please call 925-2011 to speak to a customer service representative. Find walk-in cash payment Western Union Quick Collect locations below.
- PRESS RELEASE: Let the Water Flow Before the Good Times Roll: Prolonged Building Water Stagnation Could Lead to Health Issues Read Here
- Tap Water Safe from Coronavirus: Per the EPA, customers can continue to use and drink water from their tap as usual as the risk to water supplies is low. Per the CDC, the COVID-19, commonly known as Coronavirus, has not been detected in drinking water. Conventional water treatment method, as used at your water company, should remove or inactivate the virus that causes the COVID-19.
- Outages & Advisories: We will post water outages, advisories and notices that could affect your service. To check for activity in your area, use the interactive map here »
- Sewer Department: Baton Rouge Water Customers' water / sewer bills can also be paid at the Sewer Department at 1100 Laurel Street (map). All issues with the sewer portion of your bill can only be handled by the Sewer office at 225-389-5378. Missed garbage pick up requests can be made by dialing 3-1-1.
- Cash payments can now be made for your water and sewer bills at all Western Union Quick Collect locations. You'll find convenient spots like Walgreens, Albertson's and Regions. Places you already know and visit nearby. Go to westernunion.com select Quick Collect locations and enter your zip code.
Understanding Your Bill
We want to make reading your bill as easy as possible and clear up any confusion. Take a moment to read this explanation of your bill so that you know each important part of your bill. From due date to account number, it's all explained right here.
As your community water supplier, we have an obligation to take every precaution to prevent contaminants from entering the water system.
Do you need to install a backflow preventer? Who can install, inspect or test your backflow preventer?